Indien solliciteer hier u verwijst naar een ongeldig webadres, is de vacature (hoogstwaarschijnlijk) inmiddels vervuld.
Attendeer FMF hierop
Genetic Project Lead (m/f)
In this role you are responsible for improving the performance of Syngenta"s germplasm through the generation of readily applicable trait-specific knowledge, the deployment of genomics and genotyping technologies, and the implementation of genetic information using innovative breeding approaches.
The Genetic Project Lead is responsible for leading or participating in trait development and germplasm development projects together with other product development scientists, colleagues in the biotechnology functions, and relevant teams. You will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate technical and business reviews of projects in your specific crop(s), including involvement in crop portfolio consolidation (budget and planning insights). Working together with other Genetic Project Leads and scientists from allied functions in the company (cross crops and regions), you will provide expertise in the development and application of tools, protocols, and methodologies for molecular breeding.
Het profiel / Your profile
Ph.D. or Masters with several years" experience in plant genetics and breeding
- A thorough knowledge of breeding and selection theory, experimental design, descriptive and test statistics, molecular and quantitative genetics, and genetic diversity analysis
- Experience with statistical tools and methods involved in genetic information applications (genetic mapping, association genetics, genomic selection, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of genotyping systems, particularly SNP and GbS based
- Understanding of genomics tools and approaches, including sequencing, expression profiling, etc.
- Knowledge of the biology and breeding of one or more specific crops
- Good understanding of plant pathology and biochemical principles
- Demonstrated project leadership experience (including resource and timeline management) and success in the area of molecular breeding or a related field
- A strong communicator (oral and written), pro-active, and eager to learn
- An entrepreneurial attitude, seeking to build, improve, and maintain effective partnerships with diverse stakeholders.
Reactie / Reaction
If you recognize yourself in the profile and would like to apply for this position, please do so on-line via www.syngenta.com. For more information about this vacancy, contact our recruiter Arjen Mol by phone on (+31) 6 22574332 or at Arjen.email@example.com.